BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
By God’s grade, Holy Child aims to become the leader in Information Technology Education through innovative, practice-oriented and Christian Education.
To contribute to the Information age of the nation by developing IT Professionals who will exemplify Christian Values, who will strive for excellence in their gifting and whose practice are led with a servant’s heart.
PHILOSOPHY AND GOALS OF THE COURSE:
In response to the growing need for computer professionals in industry, government, and academic institutions and in keeping with the mission of developing professional competence to service the needs of the Philippine development, Holy Child School of Davao offers Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Bachelor of Science in Information Systems.
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Education Program of this institution provides a rigorous foundation in both theoretical and practical aspects of computing. Core CS courses provide the students with an intensive background in the development of algorithms and software and in the design and interconnection of computers. Electives are available from various areas in computer studies, such as: artificial intelligence, software engineering, and networking, and are designed so that the students can either take courses from several areas of specialization in a particular area. Students are provided extensive access to state of the art facilities, including: personal computers, workstations, a local network, and a wide area networks that support dial-in and Internet access.
Throughout the four year of study, our students are constantly expected to innovate-they are taught not just how to use technology, but how to contribute to it. Thus, graduates of the program can expect to be well prepared for graduate studies abroad or to become the systems designers, programmers, IT managers and network administrations of software development firms and MIS/EDP departments of corporations.
OBJECTIVES/GOAL OF THE COURSE
- To produce qualified and well-rounded computer professionals who can develop systems support of the information needs of industry and government using computer-based data processing systems.
- To provide competent IT professionals and to cope with the fast paced and ever changing IT industry.
- To develop individuals who will undertake the search for new knowledge and its application to Philippine realities.
- To provide high quality and relevant computer training programs to facilitate the effective learning of IT professionals and clients in cutting-edge technologies.
A Christ-centered provider of world class IT professionals who are innovative and practice-oriented.
Steadfast in faith, we aim to:
- Provide a stimulating learning environment with a technological orientation across the whole curriculum
- Maximize individual potential in Information Technology domain by strengthening practical experiences in the academe and in the industry.
- Collaborate with industrial needs, organizational demands and professional practices that equip students in all levels.
- Contribute to the Information age by developing Christ-centered IT professionals.